Tuesday, July 26, 2011

DAY 9: The Adventures of a Vegan Carnivore


Original Post Date: Wed, Mar 2, 2011

PASTA TIME!!! And this time no cheating, no guilt! Quinoa pasta is gluten free, my fine friends! Pair it with some sautéed mushrooms and spinach … Buon Appetite!
(now imagine me kissing my fingers, Italian chef style).

The problem with pasta is that, aside from eating too much in 1 sitting (which I do), the vegan diet can become, well, a pasta diet. That’s the danger when someone such as myself goes vegan, even for a limited engagement. This is the very reason I have not fixed myself pasta … until now!

Today was the first day I had the guts to sit with my co-workers for lunch. I took my left-over lentil loaf, for which I was properly razzed, and ate quite casually with them. Well, as casually as a carnivore, who isn’t eating meat, can while watching others ingest baked chicken. In all seriousness, it wasn’t that bad! But watching them eat the famed caterer’s chocolate chip cookies … now that is torture!

Add to it that today our VP of Sales brought his daughter in to sell Girl Scout cookies! Thankfully they ran out of the “instant gratification” boxes by the time they made the rounds to where I sit (someone is looking out for me – thank you, Lord!), so I had to order them. I’m just hoping that they arrive AFTER March 22!!

Yes, it has been a sugar-craving day. Good thing I have my Chocolate Almond milk back in stock for such an occasion! I do; however, wonder when the willpower muscle will get a break from the constant denial of chocolate. That is one kick-bootie workout! And boy, is it plum-tuckered out!

Closing thought … surely Thin Mints are vegan, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment