Tuesday, July 26, 2011

DAY 8: The Adventures of a Vegan Carnivore


Original Post Date: Tues, Mar 1, 2011

Is it really cheating if you have no idea that you are doing it? I have some sad news to report, friends … I just discovered that my most favorite vegan treat, Vanilla Chai tea, has caffeine and barley, the latest addition to the veggie soup I made, is not gluten free. Caffeine and gluten – twin nemsis-es (what is the plural of nemsis?). Both of which are not allowed on the detox cleanse.

This may leave you wondering, what else is not allowed on this v-tox? And more importantly, WHY?

Here’s the why … TOXINS. Apparently they are everywhere. And suddenly your body becomes a breeding ground. The point of the v-tox is to cleanse them out, like a stray cat that doesn’t belong.

And here are the things that I should be trying to do on this v-tox:
      Avoid Stress - fat chance of this one!
      Avoid Synthetic Beauty products – sorry, that’s all I got; Mandy, maybe you can hook me up!
      Air out your house – did you know that the concentration of toxins inside your home is 5-10 times greater than that of outside?
      Install high efficiency particle air filters in your home – uh…. What?
      Replace cleaning products with non-toxic ones – okay, I concede this one, but replacing them all at one time is expensive!
      Drink only filtered water – DONE!
      Shower in only filtered water – really?
      Avoid pressed wood furniture (because of the formaldehyde content) – I hope that doesn’t include Target and Ikea furniture!
      Avoid air fresheners – no comment
      Don’t use moth balls (they are a carcinogen), use cedar chips instead – easy one!

Just to name a few. As I learn, so shall you learn!

Closing thought … I think a few stress-relieving, deep-breathing exercises are in store for this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment