Tuesday, July 26, 2011

DAY 18: The Adventures of a Vegan Carnivore


Original Post Date: Fri, Mar 11, 2011

I do love a good Indiana Jones movie and of course my favorite is The Last Crusade. I bring this up because today, I heard that old knight (the one with the giant hand!) say “You have chosen poorly” right after taking my first bite of the Gobble Green lunch I brought. Note to self, you do NOT like the Kung Pao “chicken” (chicken meaning some sort of fake, vegan chicken substitute).

I did; however, find something new that I ate instead. When I went to Whole Foods the other day, I made myself really look at the varieties of yogurt available and I found some vegan alternatives that looked quite tasty. I mean, give me anything that says “Key Lime Pie” and I bet it’s good! I don’t care if it was made with soy – it was yummy! Throw in some glute-free granola and BAM! you have a delicious snack/lunch.

Tonight I cut up all the vegetables I bought and cooked them – it looked so pretty in the dish. Like a rainbow!! Now I have a huge tub of left-overs that I get to enjoy for a few days! How smart am I?

You know, I feel like I’m really getting the hang of this healthy eating thing. They say it takes 21 days to make a habit, so I’ll wait another 3 days before I get over-confident :). I still have some cravings … like a good turkey sandwich, or some white fish with a pablano sauce, and of course good ole fashioned chocolate chip cookies.  But, the big realization is that I don’t have to eat the cookie every time it’s presented to me (which is every day at work!). I will survive if I say No! No one ever died from saying no to a chocolate chip cookie. Wow, I feel so smart and healthy :)

Closing thought … that meditation with my noise canceling headphones really worked! 

No comments:

Post a Comment