Tuesday, July 26, 2011

DAY 24: The Adventures of a Vegan Carnivore


Original Post Date: Thurs, Mar 17, 2011

T minus 4 days and counting. So many people have asked what my first meal will be after I’m done or what will I eat moving forward or will I keep eating this way.  The answer to the last question is a resounding no! I like my meat, milk and eggs way too much. As to what I will be eating moving forward, it’s all about resetting my “health” button. A huge reason I wanted to do this in the first place was to re-introduce myself to veggies. And now that we’ve re-connected, I want to make sure we don’t get separated. Whether I have a piece of fish or chicken with those veggies or some brown rice and beans I don’t think really matters.

Now for the big question … what’s your first meal going to be after the cleanse is over. I hate to disappoint, but I fear that it may be coming for many of you. I’m not going to rock the boat too much. No steak and milkshake! The vegan cleanse is finished end of day on Monday. I’m not about to go crazy, throw my system out of whack and be too sick to go to work, although the whole caffeine-free thing is being thrown out the window asap! I will be having my vanilla chai tea promptly on Tuesday morning! As for the rest, you’ll just have to wait over the next few days. I’ll give you a little hint … I bought some yummy white fish at Trader Joe’s tonight!

Tonight I gave brown rice pasta another chance to impress and it was abysmal. It’s like the bad second date you knew you shouldn’t have accepted in the first place. If you want good gluten-free pasta, chose the Quinoa and move along.

Closing thought … at least I didn’t waste all the mushrooms I bought tonight in that brown rice pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment