Tuesday, July 26, 2011

DAY 14: The Adventures of a Vegan Carnivore


Original Post Date: Mon, Mar 7, 2011

It’s the curse of another “p” word. I’m not talking about poop today, I’m talking about dreaded PIMPLES! Lots of them, all over my face. I even found one on my eyelid. How does that happen? I think all these toxins that I’m trying to rid my body of are taking their leave through my face. It’s a really good thing my skin care provider also happens to be my best friend! Mandy, please tell me you’ve got an opening on Saturday. My face could really use it!

In spite of the curse of the pimple, I am officially celebrating 2 weeks! That’s right! 2 weeks, baby! It’s truth time. Anyone who thought I would’ve folded by now, make yourselves known. I forgive you.

With celebration comes remembrance: It’s been two weeks since I enjoyed the caterer’s most delicious chocolate chip cookies. Two weeks since I’ve savored a chocolate truffle. Two weeks since I got to use my “I Love Ice Cream” mug. And in those two weeks, I have not stepped one foot on the “s” word. The dreaded scale … dun,dun,dun!!!!!!

Two weeks of denying myself my favorite treats and it better result in something good on that scale. After all, toxins should weigh something. And when they are de-toxed, you should be lighter. I’m just saying.

I’m happy to report that I’m celebrating more than just the 2 week mark! Yup, my toxins weighed something and that makes it all worth it!

Closing thought … pimples, poop, scales, lentil loaf, hummus, almond butter, tofu. I wonder what the next 2 weeks hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment