Tuesday, July 26, 2011

DAY 11: The Adventures of a Vegan Carnivore


Original Post Date: Fri, Mar 4, 2011

It’s 1am. Eyes tired. Mind stopped working. Went to bed. Forgot to blog. Inner debate. Decision time. Saunter downstairs. Turn on computer. Here I am.

It’s a Friday night (er, Sat morning), and when I was driving home from work, all I wanted was some pizza and an ice cream sundae. It’s a very good thing I have this blog to keep me accountable. Especially after posting my “I didn’t know I was cheating” blog a few days ago – now I know how you all feel about cheaters! I am many things; a cheater is not among them.

Writing this late, I get reflective. So, on a more serious note than previous blog posts … here goes.

The thing about a detox is that it’s really not so much about what’s going on inside your intestinal tract as much as what’s going on inside your cranium. Where does the craving for pizza and ice cream come from? I suppose I am an emotional eater. Interesting things afoot at work – I eat. Happy times as a cause for celebration – bring on the cake. Feeling blue, depressed or all around bad mood – I indulge. Without being able to take to the comfort of a pint of ice cream, you are forced to confront what it is that brought on the sudden sugar craving. Frankly, I’d rather eat those feelings, but you all are forcing my hand with this “accountability blog!” Which I will thank you for when I’m more coherent!

So no, I did not cheat. Still vegan. Still detoxing. Just don’t ask me to be happy about it today. Blah … what I downer am I?

Closing thought … Sleep. Need sleep. Must stop and get sle …. <snore>

No comments:

Post a Comment