Tuesday, July 26, 2011

DAY 4: The Adventures of a Vegan Carnivore


Original Post Date: Fri, Feb 25, 2011

CONFESSION TIME … today was a weird day.  I’ve been missing my coffee ritual. And by coffee, I really mean one of those fru-fru Starbucks types of coffee drinks. I’ve made good use of all those wonderful Starbucks gift cards every Friday by starting the day off with a non-fat peppermint mocha (my winter-time fav!). I’m foregoing my Starbucks runs because I’m not even supposed to have caffeine, but I found this Vanilla Chai Tea drink that I’ve been purposely saving for today. And let me say, the anticipation was completely worth it! This is one of the most amazing drinks ever!! I think I have a new love! Now, I need to go buy stock in Bolthouse Farms (the maker of said amazing drink).

So my day started on a high. And you know that that means. I inevitably crashed and burned … bad! Today I encountered my first real “animal” craving. I just wanted a good ole Turkey sandwich.  I had my wonderfully tasty squash and corn soup, but I just wanted that sandwich. I didn’t cave, which I suppose was promising for my willpower muscle.

Onto my après-work night. My roommate is out of town and it’s been a long week. I sit down in front of the TV and those bad eating habits come raining down. And here lies the real confession … remember the Gobble Green delivery I got a few days ago? The one with the vegan desserts?  Yeah well, out of the 5 desserts, I only have 1 left. UGH!! Needless to say, my willpower muscle was just not up for the exercise tonight – it was tired from the strenuous workout at lunch!

Tomorrow is another day. I’m really glad that it’s the weekend, so that I can re-group, get some new veggies at the farmer’s market, do some cooking and plan for the week ahead.

Closing thought …  wowza! It’s already after 1am. Time for sleep. I’m supposed to be getting 8 hours of sleep on this v-tox too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment