Tuesday, July 26, 2011

DAY 2: The Adventures of a Vegan Carnivore


Original Post Date: Wed, Feb 23, 2011

Day 2 started in a rush. I needed to run out of the house and was ever-so-glad that I had bought some vegan Larabar bars. My go-to breakfast staple in life is a good bar and a glass of milk. So my go-to vegan breakfast shall be as well – sans milk of course! The peanut butter cookie Larabar is especially scrumptious!

Today is almond butter’s second chance to impress me. This time, I pair it with my apple for my mid-morning snack and I give it props. At least the sweetness from the apple gave it a little uumph. The jury is still out. Sorry almond butter.

11:30am – this is the time that I am fearing! For today is an all-hands meeting at work and lunch is served! Normally one of my favorites because we get free lunch and yummy desserts, now a feared assembly as the word VEGAN looms above my head. What is for lunch today? Will I be able to resist temptation? I sneak into the lunch room a little early, run into the caterer, see huge pans of vegetables and am immediately excited to learn that he doesn’t put butter on them! Whew … something that I can eat!

Not to just drone on and on about what I’m eating, I’ll skip to the good stuff from today! A little over a week ago, I found this company called “Gobble Green” who delivers pre-made vegan faire. I get home and my box has arrived!!! Woot! Woot!! I’m so excited to try all my different loot J! And what’s even better is that I got some vegan desserts too! I admit that I immediately popped a chocolate chip cookie in the microwave and devoured it! I’m pretty sure that I’m not supposed to have even vegan desserts, but I did … and it was delicious!

Closing thought for today … should I have a 3rd glass of chocolate almond milk? I think yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment