Tuesday, July 26, 2011

DAY 15: The Adventures of a Vegan Carnivore


Original Post Date: Tues, Mar 8, 2011

Wow, after 14 days of writing daily about my varying vegan cleanse experiences, I expected to run out of topics … but alas, I have not!

Part of the cleanse includes meditation and deep breathing exercises to reduce stress, neither of which I have done. So, the next 2 weeks, I am vowing to take part in that which makes Leslie a stress-free girl. The nutritionist provides us with guided meditations. Ya know, the kind you that you giggle at because the soothing voice is just so … soothing and maybe a little velveeta (aka cheesy).  So yes, I will try the soothing voice lady. BUT, I am also creating my own meditation.  A little thing called Worship. Because really, who wants me to be the healthiest me that I can be? Soothing voice lady or my Saviour? I think this is a great plan!

The other thing that I am supposed to do to reduce stress is lessen the intensity of workouts, which I also have not done. But for me, I think working out is a great stress reliever. Did we learn nothing from Legally Blonde? “People who workout have endorphins. Endorphins make people happy. Happy people don’t kill other people.” (paraphrased!)

The good news is that for the last two weeks, the answer to my trainer’s “How do you feel from our last workout?” has been “Great!”. Normally, this is not the case. We push hard and by the end my legs are usually quaking in their boots from exhaustion. As anyone who works out knows, there’s something I like to call the 2-day burn. On the second day after a hard workout, you can barely put one leg in front of the other. And forget about the staircase! Ouch! HOWEVER, since being on this cleanse, I have noticed that the typical 2-day burn has not come for a visit! My muscles are recovering faster. It’s GREAT!

Closing thought … (in my best soothing voice) relax, forget about your day, put the past behind you (*giggle*)

No comments:

Post a Comment