Tuesday, July 26, 2011

DAY 21: The Adventures of a Vegan Carnivore


Original Post Date: Mon, Mar 14, 2011

T minus 7 days and counting! I think what I am most looking forward to is not wondering what I will be able to eat when my co-workers go to lunch or when my girls all get together. That has definitely been the biggest struggle. I’ve had to take my own food almost everywhere – just in case there was nothing vegan, gluten-free and non-processed!

Tonight, I had another cooking adventure, but this time with an entirely different outcome. Brown rice pasta with tomato basil sauce. Not my favorite. And I’m not entirely sure why? I mean, this meal sounds right up my alley. But, and this is a BIG BUT, The sauce had way too much garlic for my liking. Surprise! Me not like garlic? What can I say, I'm a non-garlic girl. Anyway, the label should definitely say “tomato basil garlic”. How hard would it be to add that little word to the label? The worst of it is that I used the rest of my sautéed mushrooms. Boo!

The flip side of the boo coin, is a yippee! I think I have figured out a workout secret. It’s a secret power snack to fuel any workout. Apple and a nut butter of your choice. There is a plethora to choose from – gala, fuji, pink lady and peanut, cashew, almond. I have a whole jar of almond butter to consume, so I’ve been using that. I digress. The point is, if you eat well and drink plenty o' water during the day, this secret power snack will give you a boost for a kick-booty workout! So what are you waiting for … go on, give it a try! Yes! I mean now! Drop and give me twenty! (I must be channeling my trainer! Ha ha!)

Closing thought … do I try the brown rice pasta again tomorrow for lunch? It’s a toss-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment