Tuesday, July 26, 2011

DAY 19: The Adventures of a Vegan Carnivore


Original Post Date: Sat, Mar 12, 2011

Wow! I had to do a double take on the day. Day 19 already. Sometimes I can hardly believe it. I admit that this has been easier than I anticipated. Of course, I was thinking worst case scenario, so I guess anything is better than that. I honestly believe that I would not have made it this far without cheating had it not been for this blog. I find great accountability in it. And on that note ….

I just got home from Girl’s night out! We had a great time hanging out, shopping, trying on clothes and eating. And because it was girl’s night out (not an every day occurrence), I felt justified in indulging in chips and salsa and grain crackers. Now you may be thinking, “sounds vegan to me!” and you’d be correct. I did not cheat on the vegan eating, but I did “cheat” on the cleanse. I’m pretty sure the crackers had gluten and chips are just banned from the cleanse in general! So, to stay true and honest, there you have it.

I discovered a GREAT meal today! Remember a few days ago how I added black beans to my rice, sprinkled Southwest seasoning on it, and topped it off with veggies and salsa. Well, today, I added some Soysation cheese! And this meal, my friends, is amazing! I’m thinking next time of doing it as a baked casserole type dish. Who wants to come for dinner? Although I have to admit, it would probably be even better with a little chicken!

Closing thought … I should experiment with recipes more often. Apparently, I’m quite good at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment