Tuesday, July 26, 2011

DAY 17: The Adventures of a Vegan Carnivore


Original Post Date: Thur, Mar 10, 2011

The day of triple temptation, no food and a long night.

You will NOT believe what arrived on my desk today. Five boxes of Thin Mints! Wasn’t it just a few days ago that I ordered these suckers? I thought it would take at least 2 weeks to come in, but no. And now I have to stare at them for at least 11 more days. Temptation #1.

One of my favorite vendors came to the office today. We are working on this big project, so I was in and out of meetings with them all day. It just so happened that the project lead had a birthday yesterday. So what did this most-favorite-vendor do? They brought in cupcakes and champagne! I’m talking red velvet and chocolate scrum-delici-oso cupcakes. Temptation #2.

Tonight I went to a great charity event hosted by Betty Confidential benefiting AVID, an organization that helps kids in foster care with education including college. A great cause. And of course, platters of tasty little morsels. The kind that you can just pick up by the handful and pop in your mouth. Temptation #3.

I left straight from work to take part in the event, knowing that I would not have time to eat dinner. Oddly enough, I’m not even hungry, but the slight headache I now have is saying otherwise. I ate my rice cracker and hummus snack at 3pm (while everyone else was devouring cupcakes!) and didn’t get to eat again until 9:15, when I got in my car to drive home and anxiously ripped open a KIND bar (I haven’t talked about these before – but they are goooooood!).

And my work day finally ended roughly 12 hours after it began. Oh, did I not mention that I was attending the event for my company? For anyone who has not worked an event as a representative of your company, it’s different than attending as just you. It’s “work” you. You have to be “on” all night. I’m so ready to be “off”!

Closing thought … it’s a Gobble Green pre-packaged vegan meal for lunch tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment