Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Can You Feel the Love Tonight?

My answer is yes! It’s a special thing indeed to have 18 choruses of “Good Morning, Auntie Leslie”; a round of hugs and special smiles; and having special notes written just for you slipped shyly into your hands. It’s no wonder I feel loved.

Almost every day since my arrival I have received a missive from one of the children. Perhaps a color page with my name on it, or stickers or a story they wrote or a simple letter with a drawing on it. All done for me. A special delivery if you will. I think how undeserved I am of such adoration.

But I’m adored nonetheless. And not just by these 18 beautiful souls. For you see, as I’m reminded over and over in the guileless letters of children, I am a princess. I’ve been given the title by none other than the King of Glory. And He has written a beautiful letter to me as well. It’s pretty long and takes a while to read, but it’s there anytime I need a reminder that I’m loved.

In the world of Facebook and emails, I can’t tell you how blessed it feels to get hand-written notes. Don’t you agree? My grandmother always sent cards or little notes to tell me how the weather has been or what she did that day in the garden. I always loved getting the mail and seeing something other than junk or bills.

Oh and let me not forget to mention the lovely cards and notes of encouragement that I received before coming to Uganda. I saved them to read when I arrived and they are now proudly hung on my wall. A visual reminder of the love of friends and family and the prayers that are being said on my behalf. Thank you friends!!

And so, my challenge to you is to write. Not on your friends Facebook wall or in an email. Write. On paper. Take the time to show your friends and family that they are loved. (You have a pass on writing to me, since I’m a continent away! But, if you feel the urge, I do have an address now. Let me know and I’ll message you).

3 comments:

  1. Yes please send me your physical mailing address (as I am posting electronically on your blog.) :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. send us the address too. Maybe we can slip in some coloring pages for the kids as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Auntie Leslie, I am so jealous for you! Please send me your address so I can write.

    ReplyDelete